Over the past 10 years I successfully ran Stress Awareness Workshops for the NHS which have been attended by hundreds of staff from all staff groups.
The workshops used models, frameworks and questionnaires to help participants gain insights into where their stress came from as well as the organisational context they were working. The psychological model that underpinned the workshop was Transactional Analysis (TA) and as a model this help staff gain an understanding of their stress and their relationship with stress.
The workshop focused on:
- Factors which influence susceptibility to stress
- The symptoms of stress, physical, cognitive, emotional, behavioural and long effects
- Where stress comes from
- Using TA as a theory of personality
- Using TA to provide a picture of how people are structured psychologically
- Using TA as a way of understanding what happens between people and inside people.